Green Corps Field School for Environmental Organizing, 2012
In Green Corps' year-long paid program, you'll get intensive training in the skills you'll need to make a difference in the world. You'll get hands-on experience fighting to solve urgent environmental problems, global warming, deforestation, water pollution, factory farming and many others with groups such as Sierra Club and Food and Water Watch. And, when you graduate from Green Corps, we'll help you find a career with one of the nation's leading environmental and social change groups.
In your year with Green Corps, you will:
- Get great training with some of the most experienced organizers in the field: Green Corps organizers take part in trainings with leading figures in the environmental and social change movements: people such as Adam Ruben, political director of MoveOn.org, and Bill McKibben, author and founder of "350.org".
- Get amazing experience working on environmental issues across the country: Green Corps sends organizers to jumpstart campaigns for groups such as Rainforest Action Network and Environment America in San Francisco, Chicago, Boston and dozens of other places in between.
- Have a real impact on some of the biggest environmental problems we're facing today: Green Corps organizers have built the campaigns that helped keep the Arctic safe from drilling, that led to new laws that support clean, renewable energy, that convinced major corporations to stop dumping in our oceans and much, much more.
- Even get paid: Green Corps Organizers earn a salary of $23,750. Organizers also have a chance to opt into our health care program with a pre-tax monthly salary deferral. We offer paid sick days and holidays, two weeks paid vacation and a student loan repayment program for those who qualify.
And when you graduate from the program, you'll be ready for what comes next: Green Corps will help connect you to environmental and progressive groups that are looking for full-time staff to build their organizations and help them create social change and protect our environment.
Green Corps' year-long program begins in August 2013 with Introductory Classroom Training in Boston, and continues with field placements in multiple locations across the U.S. Candidates must be willing to relocate.
Fall Application Deadline: November 9, 2012
- Fall 2013 UCLA Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program Nov 05, 2013
- Fall 2013 Undergraduate Research Fellows Program (URFP) Nov 05, 2013
- 2013 UCLA McNair Research Scholars Program Oct 08, 2013
- 2013-2014 UCLA Law Fellows Program Application Sep 21, 2013
- 3rd Annual MEDPEP Pre-Health Conference Aug 13, 2013